Usher - Game Day Employee 2022
- Greet and assist fans in locating their seats
- Clean seats and pick-up trash in assigned section
- Main control in assigned section; including walking the aisles between innings, checking on foul balls in stands
- Monitoring concourse in your area
- Answer fan questions and directing issues/complaints to proper Indians staff members
- Should be able to answer fan questions in a friendly and polite manner
- Have good knowledge of Victory Field
- A strong customer service background is helpful
It is our goal to make our guests’ at Victory Field as pleasant as enjoyable as possible. To achieve this, our employees need to be professional, courteous, pleasant, reliable, dependable and well groomed. Our employees should be willing to go above and beyond to help make our guests feel welcome and always have a smile on their face.
Duties may include filling in at other positions as needed. Your supervisor may also assign additional duties.
Highly-motivated, energetic individual with excellent problem-solving and communication skills to interact with fans.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service, people and relationship skills
- Ability to stand up for 4+ hours at a time, is ideal but not necessary
- Ability to walk up and down stairs, is ideal but accommodations can be made
- Ability to follow directions and work independently in a team environment
- Ability to work in diverse weather conditions, including cold, wind, rain and heat
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, days, weekends and holidays
$10.00 hourly; estimated 4-6 hours per shift.
The Indianapolis Indians are the professional Triple-A baseball club affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. In continuous operation since 1902, the organization believes in creating affordable and memorable experiences for fans so they can grow closer together with family, friends and the community through the game of baseball. The Indians play their home games at Victory Field, a 13,750-seat ballpark located in downtown Indianapolis and White River State Park. The venue opened in 1996, has received numerous national accolades as one of the best minor league ballparks in the United States, and in 2021, celebrated its 25th anniversary season. The team has led Minor League Baseball in combined total attendance over the past 11 seasons. In 2018, the organization was recognized as Ballpark Digest Team of the Year. It was also named a 2019 Best Places to Work by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce.
Reports To: Director of Stadium Operations
Effective: April - September 2022